By Capago My-Europe-Visa
Capago My-Europe-Visa is competent
In agreement with the French Consulate of Johannesburg, applicants for the visas listed below should apply at My-Europe-Visa Application Centre. Applications must be lodged at least 15 calendar days before your departure.
N.B. For security reasons, we do not accept applications earlier than 3 months before the date of departure.
The processing time for a short-stay Schengen visa is updated permanently and is under the sole discretion of the French consulate ( for long stay visas it can take several weeks). (click here to find out the latest update). For some nationalities* with South African resident permit, processing time can go up to 3 weeks. You can obtain this information on your application day, or by calling + 27 (0) 87 742 2830:
- Visit (friend or family)
- Airport transit
- Student (short-stay or long-stay)
- Professional training (short-stay or long-stay)
- Scientist (short-stay or long-stay)
- Sailor (short-stay or long-stay)
- Spouses of French citizens
- Spouses and children of EU citizens
- Marriage with a French citizen in France
- Professional activity, paid or unpaid (artists, model, maid)
- Short-Stay Au pair
- Visa for countries represented by the French authorities in South Africa.
- Visa for non-South African diplomats
- Visa for clerical member
- Enlistment in the French Foreign Legion
- Multi entries short-stay visa
(*) Non-South African residents are subject to the same rules as nationals. The expiry date of the residence permit must be longer than three months from the date of expiry of the visa requested.